Powered by UN Millennium Campaign + UNICEF + UNDP
For the past three years, over eight million people, especially youth, have participated in the Global consultations to define the new Global Sustainable Development Agenda. The unprecedented level of engagement indicates people’s determination to design their futures and actively impact the world we live in. Now that the Sustainable Development Goals are a reality, what comes next?
The We the Peoples Hub is a dynamic space organized in the framework of the UN post-2015 Summit and the 70thGeneral Assembly in New York to facilitate a bridge between the decision makers attending the summit and their constituents, especially the children and youth of the world who will be carrying this agenda.
Attendees will be able to explore a multi-media exhibition of innovative and interactive data-visualisations on post-2015; be the first ones to monitor the new agenda through newly launched participatory tools; experience the daily life of those living in vulnerable situations via Virtual Reality films; participate in interviews with youth, and be part of real time social media engagement with young people to amplify messaging beyond UN grounds and to mobilize different constituencies and communities; plus more to be announced.
Open September 19th – October 3rd from 9.00 am until 6.00 pm.
Availability may change if space is used for private events.
United Nations Visitor’s Plaza, adjacent to the UN General Assembly
Building entrance on 46th Street and 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
This ground breaking multi-media and event space is jointly produced by the United Nations Millennium Campaign and the United Nations Children’s Fund and the United Nations Development Programme with other core partners. It will be open to those with access to the United Nations Secretariat either with access passes, special event passes, media accreditation, or by prior arrangement.
The Hub is open to all, but if you can reserve a time for a visit to make sure you don’t miss out. To reserve your virtual reality screening, or guided tour, please visit: www.fareharbor.com/unmc.
To reserve a private visit or private event, please visit: bit.ly/RSVP-Hub.
- MY World Survey – over 8 million people, most of them youth, have told the UN their top six of sixteen priorities for a better world, data that has fed into the post-2015 agenda
- World We Want – a knowledge platform hosting documentation, and data visualizations including those from online, national and thematic civil society consultations
- UN Global Pulse – big data visualizations mined from social media on MY World and climate issues around the world
- Humans of MY World – a photo exhibition telling the stories of MY World voters around the world
- Virtual Reality – immerse yourself in the life of some of the world’s most vulnerable using high-tech 3D VR headsets
- Portals – stand face to face and speak to people living in the Za’atari Camp in Jordan, and in Havana, Tehran
People-driven Accountability Tools
- MY World 2030 – Modeled after the first phase of MY World, this citizen satisfaction survey will monitor Global Goal progress and allow further specialization at a local level
- U-Report – a free SMS based system that allows young people to speak out about what is happening in their communities and countries and to work together with other community leaders for positive change
Voices of Youth Content Studio
- UNICEF Media Studio – A safe space for young people to interview Heads of State and be interviewed regarding their concerns, hopes and opinions about the SDGs
- UNICEF Content Studio – meant to be a portal to youth around the world, connecting them directly with decision makers, the content studio will facilitate live social media exchanges with digital influencers. It will create targeted content for millennials with real time analysis.
VIP Visits & Private events
- Bespoke Visits – Interact with young people attending the UNGA through specially tailored guided tours, interviews, and dynamic discussions
- Private Events – the space can be converted into private event space for interactive panel discussions, partnership announcements, press moments